Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Brock Storm is Destined for Tween Success!


Brock Storm Timmerman is his name! This 19-year-old developed an extreme interest in music at the age of 5 while singing to the radio in his aunt’s car. She heard him, and wanted him to sing at her wedding. From that day forward, Brock knew he was destined to do something special with his life. Finding it difficult to get exposure living in the small town, of Lake City, Florida, Brock began entertaining the locals at nearby festivals and events.
In 2004, Brock was chosen out of thousands to perform on PAX TV’s “America’s Most Talented Kids” at the age of 15. “It was a good experience. I met a lot of friends. The judges were kind of mean to me,” he laughs. “[They] were negative at first, but I reassured myself that being in the entertainment business is what I wanted to do, so I want to stick to it. The whole experience really built my character.”
Being on the show made Brock gain a fan base, he was very excited about it. However, being on the show also had its ups and downs for Brock. “I remember this one mean girl, and you know how every teen has their awkward stage, and I was going through that, and my voice was changing. And she was just like, ‘You’re lucky you’re good at singing, especially since your voice is changing’, and I’m like ‘Umm thanks’. But overall I had a good time”, explains Brock.
Last summer, Brock has opened for other stars like Demi Lovato, Aly & AJ and Keke Palmer. It was his first time really being out on the road and was happy that he met many of his fans. “The experience was amazing. It made me feel like I was getting somewhere. When I was opening for Demi, there was like 5000 people there, and I was just so thrilled and excited that wow! There are so many people who enjoy my music! Aly advised me about the business and wished me luck and told me to keep my head up and just work hard. They’ve all been nice and encouraging”.
Recently, Brock has been in the studio working on new music and has recorded three new songs. He has been co-writing songs and recording with Eddie Galan from the High School Musical soundtrack, and with V Factory. Brock likes to think of his sound as original. He enjoys singing about personal experiences and things that he’s gone through either in relationships or from school. “I like to sing about what an average young person goes through, like dating, and school. And I sing more about reality and how I’ve gone through troubles because not everything in life in perfect. It’s great that my fans connect to me because they relate to my songs. I kind of have that pop rock like sound”.
Brock enjoys all kinds of music from punk-rock to country and R&B. Some of his influences are Fall Out Boy, Gwen Stefani and Keith Urban. “If you were to listen to my i-Pod on shuffle mode, you will hear random songs like some metal and punk-rock, and then country, and then ‘Baby One More Time’ by Britney Spears. My friends will listen to my i-Pod and be confused because I have random songs of different genres”, Brock admits. He also confessed that he would love to collaborate with Gwen Stephani. “She’s creative and I love her sound. She has a distinct voice.”
Brock has an album in the works right now. He’s hoping for the release within the next year. In the mean time, you can check out some of his songs on i-Tunes this summer. One of those songs will be “Popular”, which he enjoys performing the most. “It’s about a girl who won’t accept me for who I am. Just because I’m not popular she won’t go out with me. It’s not just about being popular and the looks, so why can’t you accept me for who I am”. As this heartthrob continues his journey to success, he is sure to catch the attention of many people around the world. “Thank you so much for all the support and love. I love communicating with all my fans on MySpace and talking to you guys! And I hope to see you all soon!” Be sure to check out Brock Storm and his music on i-Tunes this summer and on MySpace at myspace.com/brockstorm.

No comments: