Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ashlee Keating: The Next Teen Queen?


Is she the next Demi Lovato? Could be! This 15-year-old singer/songwriter is a true triple threat with a natural ability to sing, dance, and act. Performing professionally since she was three, Ashlee was selected to audition for AL ALBERTS TV SHOWCASE on ABC TV in Philadelphia, PA. Ashlee had her first acting debut at the age of only 4 when she played the role of “Molly” in “Annie” for a local production. She also played the leading role of “ANNIE” at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia and succeeded in breaking the all time box office record performing to sold-out audiences. “I love dogs so I was happy to work with one!” exclaims Ashlee. At the age of 5, she was cast in the role of Gretl in the BROADWAY production of “THE SOUND OF MUSIC” starring Richard Chamberlain. She continued until the show closed and went on to play Gretl in the National Tour as well.
Now, Ashlee has been working on some new projects. She just finished recording a new song “Feels like a Dream” and has been rehearsing for some upcoming concerts. Recently, Ashlee has performed for Radio Disney at the Conejo Valley Days Festival in LA and opened for Demi Lovato, Keke Palmer, and Raven Symone. “It was just amazing meeting them. Raven was hilarious; it was nice to meet her in person because I always used to watch her shows. Demi was a little bit busier, but I still had a good time hanging out with her. And it was really fun to hang out with all of them. It was nice to get out and meet my fans and see them enjoy my music”.
Ashlee pointed out that some of her biggest influences are the Jonas Brothers, Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce. “I would love to collaborate with the Jonas Brothers. If I had to pick one of them it would be with either Nick or Joe”. With her busy schedule, Ashlee is working on her upcoming debut album. She’s been working with producer Eddie Galan. “The songs on the album are songs you can dance to. They’re very upbeat, pop rock with an edgy twist. It should be coming out in June.” However, like many other songwriters, Ashlee has her favorite songs that she’s written as well. “I like all the songs that I’ve written so far, but my favorites are ‘Some Days are like That’ about having a bad day and ‘Feels like a Dream’”. Ashlee will continue her hard work and her road to success. She is definitely a name to watch out for!
What would Ashlee like to say to everyone reading? “I love talking to all my fans. Be sure to definitely check me out on twitter and YouTube. My songs are available on i-Tunes! Thank you for all the support!”
Check Ashlee Keating out online: myspace.com/ashleekeating.

No comments: