Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Justin Stein is the Next Big Thing!


Pop, rock and R&B? Who ever thought of such a mix! You may be thinking, who combines those three music genres? Well, I’m sure he’s not alone but 18-year-old sweetheart, Justin Stein enjoys this music style; and so do many other fans! “All the songs I write are based off of different life experiences I have had. Some songs are based on past relationships while others are about letting loose and having fun,” explains new hot sensation Justin. “I try to put all of me in every song so that people can connect. Hopefully there is something in there for everyone.” Like his own music, Justin’s influences vary from R&B and pop artists like Stevie Wonder, Justin Timberlake and Ne-Yo to Maroon 5 and even country stars like Rascal Flatts. “I’m kind of all over the board,” he says.
Justin Stein has been singing ever since he was little. He also started writing songs at twelve. He first started at a local talent show in his home in Chicago. “The first time I ever stepped out onto a stage, I was five. I knew right then and there that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life,” he recalls. “I sang Al Jolson’s Swanee. I just remember having so much fun. I got a standing ovation in the middle of the song. I was like, ‘Oh, I like this!’ I knew I wanted to do this for the rest of my life.” And this is exactly what Justin did.
After graduating high school, this singer, songwriter, actor, and dancer left Chicago and flew to L.A. to pursue his dreams. Once Justin Stein had kicked up his singing career, the fans weren’t the only ones noticing his great sound. Other big stars such as High School Musical’s Corbin Bleu have noticed too! He even asked Justin to go on tour with him as his opening act in 2008! “Touring with Corbin has been fantastic! I met him through my producer. He set up a meeting because Corbin and I have similar interests. We got to talking and we connected, and by the end of the meal he said, ‘Hey, do you wanna go on tour with me this summer?’ and I was like sure!” Justin had so much fun, that he even hopes to go on his own headlining tour soon!
Justin Stein
Besides for the big tour with Corbin Bleu, Justin has also performed with Jesse McCartney, Raven-Symone and American Idol winner, Jordin Sparks; whom he admitted would love to one day produce music with along with JoJo and Stevie Wonder. “Basically I’d love to perform with anyone who’s young around my age and who just has an amazing voice”. Justin has also done musical theatre productions of “Gypsy”, “The Secret Garden”, “Bye Bye Birdie” and recently at Lincoln Center’s “Camelot”.
In September of 2008, Justin Stein released his self-titled album; it consists of up-tempos and ballads such as his hit singles, “Lose Control”, “Leave it on the Floor”, and Justin’s own personal favorite, “Sweetest Girl”. However, he does have his preferences. “I enjoy writing soft ballads,” he laughs. “I don’t know why, I guess it’s because I love writing and singing ballads gives me an opportunity to feel the song and really dig in and it’s more emotional. After all his hard work, radio stations around the country such as Radio Disney started playing his songs such as “Lose Control” and “Leave it on the Floor”. When he first heard his songs on the radio, he sure seemed overwhelmed! “I was so excited! I was like yelling ‘OH MY GOSH THAT’S MY SONG ON THE RADIO!’ It was really exciting and I had my family in the room with me.”
Aside from Justin’s singing career, he is also pursuing his acting career. He was recently featured in an upcoming film called “Master Harold …and the Boy”, which is based off of the original theater play by Athol Fugard. “We just finished shooting in South Africa. It’s about a 17-year old boy named Hally who spends time with two African servants, Sam and Willie.
After years of performing, what would Justin say to his fans? “Thank you for everything and for making me happy and for letting me make you all happy and I hope to see you all very soon at my upcoming shows!”
Want to know more about Justin Stein and his upcoming performances? Be sure to check out: www.justinstein.com and his MySpace page at: www.myspace.com/justinsteinmusic.
Don’t forget to check out his new contest! Justin’s brand new video “Sweetest Girl” has just launched on YouTube and so has the special contest where YOU can get multiple chances to WIN BIG! All you have to do is post a video response to Justin’s music video saying why you are the sweetest girl!

No comments: